Blog Top list

Top Blog Area

Health blogs

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Some Inspirational Yoga Quotes to remind you why you do yoga




"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.”  - B.K.S. Iyengar.
"Basketball is an endurance sport, and you have to learn to control your breath; that's the essence of yoga, too. So, I consciously began using yoga techniques in my practice and playing. I think yoga helped reduce the number and severity of injuries I suffered. As preventative medicine, it's unequaled." - Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
"Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame." -B.K.S. Iyengar.
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape." – Unknown.
“It’s reversing the aging process. I can do things with my body now that I wouldn’t even have thought of doing when I was an athlete, a teenager. So that keeps me going. – Sting.
"Yoga is about clearing away whatever is in us that prevents’ our living in the most full and whole way. With yoga, we become aware of how and where we are restricted -- in body, mind, and heart -- and how gradually to open and release these blockages. As these blockages are cleared, our energy is freed. We start to feel more harmonious, more at one with ourselves. Our lives begin to flow -- or we begin to flow more in our lives."  - Cybele Tomlinson.
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; for it becomes your destiny." – Upanishads.

No comments:

Post a Comment